Find us on Google+ TANGOFIX: Something I Strongly Dislike (incompetent instruction)

Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Something I Strongly Dislike (incompetent instruction)

I hate it when I spend money for a lesson and get information that is completely WRONG.
This has happened to me in the past,and the wrong information (and the consequences of following the erroneous teaching) have made my tango journey that much longer and less pleasant.

When I hear a "teacher" telling several new students something that is going to screw up their dance it just drives me bananas. I am forced to bite my tongue (very painful! if only figuratively), and take the instructor aside to try and get them to understand the error of their ways after the class or during a break. Sometimes this works, often it does not. At least maybe they will put some thought into it and possibly change their ways for the better.

If anyone out there is guilty of this please STOP. (of course you don't know who you are!) Watch yourself on video, if any thing looks awkward or jerky your probably not qualified to teach others what you cannot do yourself.

Oh well, I'm going dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment