Find us on Google+ TANGOFIX: Interesting Note On Followers

Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Interesting Note On Followers

There is this one particular follower I get to dance with from time to time that does a few things that I used to find very distracting and somewhat annoying (embellishments, self led lapizes, etc...) what she does is not important, what is important is that lately I've begun to enjoy listening to what she has to contribute to the dance more and more.

I guess it's part of the listening lesson that I have been getting from a couple of my favorite instructors for more than a couple of years.

The point is, that even though I thought I was doing pretty well on this listening thing before now it's beginning to make more and more sense.

As an added benefit I'm finding that it is easier to do single axis turns (small colgadas) with her than almost anyone else, it seems this may have been what she was expecting,( I'm not asking her ) or could it be that I'm improving on this aspect of leading that I have neglected for quite a long time because it is not something that is done very often in the milongas where I dance normally.

Watch out, I think I may be on to something!

No comments:

Post a Comment